On-site Training Overview
Training TypeTechnical Skills
QualificationMCP Training Certificate
The aim of the Technical Operator Training is to develop practical maintenance skills to enable Technical Operators to carry out high-frequency, low-risk tasks. Tasks include cleaning, inspection, lubrication, tensioning and alignment of drives and basic fault finding.
Is it right for us?
The Technical Operator Training course was developed to enable machine operators with little or no technical background to carry out basic asset care.
What will we learn?
The Technical Operator Training course will cover mechanical theory and a series of practical assessments. The training will focus on:
- Isolation procedures
- Small hand tools (fasteners and fixings)
- Measuring tools
- Production of sheet steel component using hacksaw and file
- Use of drilling machine to produce holes
- Tapping threads
- Levers and linkages
- Springs and Cams
- Belt drives (Vee belt and synchronous belts)
- Chain drives and Conveyors
- Basic fault finding
- Sensors and seals
Duration – 5 days.
In addition to the 5-day mechanical skills training, we can also offer operator level training in pneumatics and valves. We have some rigs, but we will need to discuss how to relate the theory to work on your site. Typical content would include:
- The basic theory of pneumatics
- Basic pneumatic components
- The effect of changing the flow rate and pressure on circuits
- Pressure and flow regulators
- Compressibility of fluids
- Similarities and differences between pneumatics and hydraulics
- Basic fault finding
- Different types of valves and methods of operation
- Valve components
- Valve identification and practical inspection
- Inspection and changing of seals on a like for like basis
Duration – Estimated at 5 days.
Following completion of this course, we recommend skills learnt are practised in the workplace until a proficient standard is achieved. Candidates can then be signed-off as competent to carry out the prescribed tasks.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of Technical Operator Training:
- Improved teamwork between production and maintenance
- Higher production efficiencies/plant reliability
- More motivated and higher skills operators
- Standard working introduced
- Safer working Environment
Enquire about on-site training
On-Site Training is a flexible and cost effective alternative to our regular scheduled training courses.
An ideal alternative for businesses that have a requirement to train more than 4 members of staff or would like to customise course content and need a consistent level of training across their team.