On-site Training Overview
Training TypeTechnical Skills
QualificationMCP Training Certificate
Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) is a legal requirement which involves electrical appliances being checked for safety. It is part of an organisation’s maintenance plan which allows the maintenance department to see which products failed. It also helps to make decisions on repair and replacement. Portable appliance testing is also useful in any legal disputes that may arise from accidents.
On successful completion of the Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) course, delegates will have passed a range of practical competence assessments and a written assessment covering knowledge and understanding. This will enable the delegates to carry out PAT testing competently and safely.
Please note: For the City and Guilds programmes, delegates must have a basic electrical competence as demonstrated by MCP City & Guilds mechanical to electrical conversion or equivalent, or by successfully completing a pre-course assessment.
MCP recommends that delegates have an up to date copy of the IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.
City and Guilds 2377-32 Management of Electrical Equipment Maintenance (2 days)
City and Guilds 2377-22 Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (2 days)
MCP Certificate of Competence (1 day)
Is it right for us?
People who are involved in the practical testing of Portable Appliances.
What will we learn?
The Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) course focuses on:
- The Law
- Equipment Classification
- Frequency of Inspection
- Documentation and Procedures
- Practical Inspection and Testing
- Use of P.A.T unit and separate instruments
- Recording and interpreting results
What are the benefits?
- The benefits of Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) course are:
- With a PAT regime in place, an organisation can be sure that electrical appliances are safe and useable
- The productivity of the organisation may improve due to safe and reliable equipment
- Legal risks to management reduction
- Bringing PAT in-house may reduce costs
- This course will provide the knowledge and proof of competence for electricians to enable them to carry out portable appliance testing and inspection
Enquire about on-site training
On-Site Training is a flexible and cost effective alternative to our regular scheduled training courses.
An ideal alternative for businesses that have a requirement to train more than 4 members of staff or would like to customise course content and need a consistent level of training across their team.