On-site Training Overview
Training TypeTechnical Skills
QualificationMCP Training Certificate
Pneumatics – Part 2 course builds on the knowledge gained in Part 1. Fluid power provides the energy necessary to exert mechanical force and drive systems. Parts 1 and 2 were designed as a general introduction to pneumatic systems.
The Pneumatics – Part 2 course will teach delegates about the design construction and operation of pneumatic components. Technicians will broaden their understanding and will be competent to carry out maintenance tasks on pneumatic and electro-pneumatic circuits. Logic, sensors and electro-pneumatics will be introduced in this part.
Is it right for us?
The Pneumatics – Part 2 course is ideal for technicians who have completed Part 1 of MCP’s Pneumatics course.
What will we learn?
The Pneumatics – Part 2 course will focus on:
- Health and Safety
- Emergency-stop circuits
- Basic logic
- Electrical sensors
- Fault finding on pneumatic and electro-pneumatic circuits
- Competency testing
- The theory that underpins the practical activities listed above
Following completion of this course, we recommend skills learnt are practised in the workplace until a proficient standard is achieved. Candidates can then be signed-off as competent to carry out the prescribed tasks.
What are the benefits?
- The benefits of Pneumatics – Part 2 course are:
- Motivation and development of staff
- Improved staff retention
- Formal targeted training with direction and end focussed the business need
- Encouragement of teamwork through coach and assessor communicating more with opposite trade
- Re-focussed of the training budget
- SOPs and training packages are written around business need
- Safe job; Timely job; Right first-time job
- Improved productivity as downtime is reduced due to the increased skills base
- Cross cover of skills in event of absenteeism, sickness etc.
- Nationally recognised qualifications where appropriate; skills are validated
- Training records meet and exceed those required by HSE etc
Enquire about on-site training
On-Site Training is a flexible and cost effective alternative to our regular scheduled training courses.
An ideal alternative for businesses that have a requirement to train more than 4 members of staff or would like to customise course content and need a consistent level of training across their team.