On-site Training Overview
Training TypeTechnical Skills
CertificateMCP Training Certificate
The Electricity at Work Regulations workshop affects every kind of employment in the U.K. including in factories, offices, shops, warehouses, colleges and hospitals. They place the responsibility on the employer to assess the work activities which use electricity, or which may be affected by it and define all foreseeable risks associated with them. Employees have a duty to work in a safe manner and report all defects and unsafe practices. This training course draws attention to each aspect of the Regulations and explains how the requirements can be met and greater electrical safety achieved.
Is it right for us?
The Electricity at Work Regulations workshop was designed for those who require an understanding of the regulations and its requirements for the safe use of electricity at work. An electrical background is not necessary to attend this programme.
What will we learn?
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Isolation Procedures
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Hazard Assessment
- Duties of a Responsible Person
- Control Techniques
- Relevance of the Words ‘Absolute’ and ‘Reasonably Practicable’
What are the benefits?
- The benefits of the Electricity at Work Regulations workshop are:
- Greater productivity as fewer hours are lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
Enquire about on-site training
On-Site Training is a flexible and cost effective alternative to our regular scheduled training courses.
An ideal alternative for businesses that have a requirement to train more than 4 members of staff or would like to customise course content and need a consistent level of training across their team.