On-site Training Overview
Training TypeTechnical Skills
QualificationCity and Guilds 2392
The City & Guilds 2392-10 Inspection and Testing course is designed for technicians and maintenance teams who possess current BS 7671 knowledge and the 18th Edition qualification. This City & Guilds 2392-10 Inspection and Testing course will teach you how to safely test, inspect and verify newly installed or extended circuits and is ideal for either newcomer to the electrical industry or existing contractors wishing to add this valuable skill set to their qualifications. It is an essential qualification and skill for anyone wishing to join a part p scheme provider and self-certify their own work.
Is it right for us?
In the City & Guilds 2392-10 Inspection and Testing course, we will show you how to inspect and test any new or modified electrical circuits, starting with dead tests to prove it is safe to turn the power on, and then live tests to prove that the circuits are safe and meet current 18th Edition wiring regulations criteria. You will then be shown how to complete the required paperwork.
What will we learn?
City & Guilds 2392-10 Inspection and Testing course content:
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- Requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Requirements for testing energised installations
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- Inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Understand and interpret test results
- How to confirm safety of system and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- How to carry out inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- How to test electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Preparations for Practical Assessment and Online Exam
Delegates require current copies of BS7671, the On-Site Guide and Guidance Note 3
What are the benefits?
Delegates will learn to correctly perform electrical inspection and testing which will help identify deficiencies in an electrical installation before they become serious hazards. Legislation requires that electrical installations are maintained in a safe condition, regularly inspecting and testing your fixed electrical installation can help you meet these requirements.
Certification in Inspection and Testing Programme, Level 2, is available as an on-site cost-effective alternative to our regular public training courses held at our training centre in Reading.
For more information on City & Guilds 2392-10 Inspection and Testing course, please contact:
MCP on 0121 506 9032 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquire about on-site training
On-Site Training is a flexible and cost effective alternative to our regular scheduled training courses.
An ideal alternative for businesses that have a requirement to train more than 4 members of staff or would like to customise course content and need a consistent level of training across their team.