On-site Training Overview
Training TypeMaintenance & Asset Management
CertificateMCP Training Certificate
The New Engineering Manager/Supervisor enables delegates to lead a world-class maintenance department. The result is improved staff motivation, lower employee turnover, increased output and reduced waste of resources.
Too often the person with the best technical skills gets promoted to be the new Engineer Manager or Supervisor. Those practical skills which served the technician well are now redundant and supervisory skills need to be nurtured. This course was conceived by a technician who went on the journey to be an engineering manager. This is the course he wished he had attended 30 years ago.
Is it right for us?
The New Engineering Manager/Supervisor course is right for people new to the role of an Engineering Supervisor or Manager. To equip delegates with a good introductory knowledge of the expectations and requirements of the Engineering Supervisor/Manager role.
What will we learn?
The New Engineering Manager/Supervisor course will focus on:
- Roles and responsibilities of a manager
- Managing people performance/Managing conflict
- Managing motivation and delegation
- Setting performance criteria
- Setting SMART objectives
- Managing and improving problem areas
- Leadership styles
- Meetings, questioning, listening and giving feedback
- Identifying training needs
- Planning maintenance work and scheduling/prioritising workflow
- Computerised Maintenance Management System awareness
- Continuous Improvement
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures, work orders and toolbox talks
- Identifying hazards/risk estimation and evaluation
- Systems of work/permits to work
- Maintaining quality through process change
- Maintenance approaches and best practice
- Managing the cost of maintenance
- Maintenance spares and materials management
What are the benefits?
The benefits of the New Engineering Manager/Supervisor course:
- Motivation and development of staff
- Improved staff retention of the new engineering manager’s subordinates
- Formal targeted training with direction and end focussed on the business need
- Encouragement of teamwork through coach and assessor communicating more with opposite trade
- Re-focussed of the training budget
- SOPs and training packages are written around business need
- Safe job; Timely job; Right first-time job
- Improved productivity as downtime is reduced due to the increased skills base
- Cross cover of skills in event of absenteeism, sickness etc.
- Nationally recognised qualifications where appropriate; skills are validated
- Training records meet and exceed those required by HSE etc.
Enquire about on-site training
On-Site Training is a flexible and cost effective alternative to our regular scheduled training courses.
An ideal alternative for businesses that have a requirement to train more than 4 members of staff or would like to customise course content and need a consistent level of training across their team.