On-site Training Overview
Training TypeMaintenance & Asset Management
QualificationMCP Training Certificate
Achieving CMMS Data Quality (Supporting ISO 55000). Most of the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) builds that we see are performed very badly. Usually, engineering consultants or companies who specialise in this type of activity are used to develop the data for CMMS population. The main reason for poor performance is a lack of governance, standards, guides and client quality checks, resulting in those involved developing different approaches.
MCP’s Achieving CMMS Data Quality (Supporting ISO 55000) workshop covers best practices in conducting the CMMS data build (Equipment, PMs, Failure Coding, Spares, etc.) during the pre-operational phase. Major cleanups of the CMMS data is also carried out for example prior to a major CMMS upgrade or change to a different CMMS. This activity is typically carried out by downloading data from the CMMS to MS Excel and then perhaps to MS Access. In addition, we will also cover writing effective PM Job plans. Many Job Plan reviews reveal confusing, poorly formatted and task sequencing issues.
In this workshop, we will highlight the advantages of the MS Access solution over MS Excel and how to conduct an audit of your CMMS data.
The new ISO 55000 states a company must manage its data effectively and demonstrate that this is being performed – this workshop supports this ISO 55000 requirement.
Is it right for us?
This Achieving CMMS Data Quality (Supporting ISO 55000) workshop is suitable for:
- Engineering Managers, Engineers, Supervisors and Technicians
- Project Engineers who are involved in requesting vendor data and compiling initial lists
- Planners and CMMS administrators
And those involved in or require an understanding of:
- Building data to populate the CMMS modules
- Auditing CMMS build data
What will we learn?
This Achieving CMMS Data Quality (Supporting ISO 55000) workshop will focus on:
- How to gain a better understanding of auditing the quality of your CMMS data
- Conducting equipment & spares build without using consultants or be able to manage data builds carried out by consultants
- A better understanding of how to achieve good cataloguing of spares
- How to audit and write effective job plans
- Understand the advantages of MS Access
What are the benefits?
The benefits of attending the Achieving CMMS Data Quality (Supporting ISO 55000) workshop are:
- Improved CMMS data quality
- Reduced rework after migrating data
- Improved failure coding to increase equipment reliability
- Reduced costs
- Ability to build CMMS data in-house
Enquire about on-site training
On-Site Training is a flexible and cost effective alternative to our regular scheduled training courses.
An ideal alternative for businesses that have a requirement to train more than 4 members of staff or would like to customise course content and need a consistent level of training across their team.