On-site Training Overview
Training TypeContinuous Improvement
QualificationMCP Training Certificate
Our 1-day Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) programme provides delegates with an understanding of the techniques used to evaluate the efficiency of a manufacturing operation and in addition to identifying potential improvements and equipment utilisation.
Using Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) measures, companies can identify process performance improvement opportunities. By reducing the cycle time, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) will increase production volumes. Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) measurement is also commonly used as a key performance indicator (KPI) in conjunction with lean manufacturing efforts to provide an indicator of success.
Rarely is it possible for any manufacturing process to run at 100% OEE, so Manufacturers will often benchmark their industry sector and set a challenging target; 80-85% is considered best practice. OEE is calculated with the formula (Availability) x (Performance) x (Quality). Therefore, by understanding each component of the process, plans for targeted improvement can be developed.
Is it right for us?
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) Programme is suitable for:
- Operators, Production Team Leaders, Process Owners, Project Managers
- Members of business improvement project teams
- Anyone responsible for process performance improvements and the removal of wasteful activities
- Those embarking on a business improvement initiative
On successful completion, delegates will be able to:
- Use their understanding of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) in production and process environments
- Develop improvement plans and initiatives within the workplace
- Deliver real improvements and savings to the business within a short period of time
- Support co-workers and colleagues in OEE activities
What will we learn?
The course will focus on:
- Practical Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) techniques and how they effectively improve equipment availability and efficiency
- How to identify improvement opportunities by reducing waste and improving production activity
- Understanding how effective Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) techniques play a key part in production and machinery efficiencies
- How to plan for targeted Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) improvement
What are the benefits?
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) Programme provides the skills needed to understand the importance of equipment optimisation and improvement initiatives. Organisations benefit from effective operatives who are skilled in Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) techniques. They are able to deliver real cost savings and production in a relatively short period of time following the application of the tools and techniques.
Enquire about on-site training
On-Site Training is a flexible and cost effective alternative to our regular scheduled training courses.
An ideal alternative for businesses that have a requirement to train more than 4 members of staff or would like to customise course content and need a consistent level of training across their team.