On-site Training Overview
Training TypeContinuous Improvement
QualificationMCP Training Certificate
5S Workplace Organisation is the key foundation to any Lean-inspired improvement activity. By focusing on 5S and waste elimination, delegates are able to identify and understand how poor workplace organisation can impact and affect business efficiency. 5S Workplace Organisation leads to a cleaner, safer and more orderly working environment where layout facilitates effective working methods.
The 5S Workplace Organisation methodology, based on manufacturing, has been adopted extensively and is now used in a variety of businesses including financial services, business transactional, healthcare and government. There are five 5S phases:- translated from the Japanese as Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardise, and Sustain. In certain activities, 5S has become 6S; the sixth element being Safety, which should never be ignored.
Our 5S Workplace Organisation Programme is designed to ensure ‘an active learning experience’ and that all delegates receive a level of training that will be engaging, active and relevant. They will be able to contribute to the business improvement objectives of your organisation immediately.
Is it right for us?
5S Workplace Organisation Programme is suitable for:
- Operators, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Process Owners, Project Managers
- Anyone responsible for process performance improvements and the removal of wasteful activities
- Members of improvement project teams
- Those embarking on a business improvement learning programme
On successful completion, delegates will be able to:
- Use their understanding of 5S Workplace Organisation to deploy working environment improvements
- Drive improvement initiatives within the workplace, either as a leader or as part of a team
- Deliver real improvements and savings to the business within a short period of time
- Support co-workers and colleagues in 5S activities
What will we learn?
The 5S Workplace Organisation programme will focus on:
- 5S tools & techniques and how they are used in the workplace
- How to create a more orderly and safe working area, reducing wasteful activities
- How to identify improvement opportunities for improving flow and downtime
What are the benefits?
Our 5S Workplace Organisation Programme provides the skills needed to optimise an organisations workplace organisation capability and visual management standards. By challenging and engaging people through the use of standards, discipline and waste reduction activities, organisations benefit from effective 5S Practitioners in the workplace. In addition, they are able to support safe working processes and develop improved ways of working.
Enquire about on-site training
On-Site Training is a flexible and cost effective alternative to our regular scheduled training courses.
An ideal alternative for businesses that have a requirement to train more than 4 members of staff or would like to customise course content and need a consistent level of training across their team.