Course TypeMaintenance & Asset Management
CertificateCity & Guilds Accreditation Certificate
Spares and Materials Management (MROM) (Maintenance Repair & Operating Materials)
In a typical manufacturing or process-led environment, expenditure on spare parts and engineering materials is between 35% and 45% of the total asset care budget. Improving the use and cost of spare parts will ensure inventory is kept to a minimum. Quick turnaround is a key feature of cost management.
Is it right for me?
Spares and Materials Management (MROM) is ideal for anyone with responsibility for engineering materials and spare parts.
What will I learn?
The Spares and Materials Management (MROM) course will focus on:
- The role of stores
- Stores layout and access control
- Supply Chain Management
- Classification and standard description methods of parts
- Accountability for inventory management
- Setting objectives for parts and stores management
- Determining the right levels of stock (setting minimum and maximum levels )
- Purchasing policies
- How to use Computerised Maintenance Management Systems to manage and control parts
- Receiving, Storing and Issuing of parts
- Performance measures and key indicators
- Outsourcing versus in-house stores management
What are the benefits?
A complete spare parts and materials approach applied to an average situation can result in 20-25% stock level reductions and improved service levels. Delegates will gain an understanding of what category of stockholding is required, stores and purchasing policies, control systems and supplier management.