Course TypeMaintenance & Asset Management
CertificateCity & Guilds Accreditation Certificate
Price£1880 (All 3 Modules) +VAT
The Maintenance Excellence Trilogy was originally developed in the UK for a leading automotive company which has been received to great acclaim and adopted across other sites. This City & Guilds Accreditation Certificate, 8-day programme, specifically structured to improve career progression, is offered in 3 modules – each designed to enhance the development of skills and knowledge in the fields of asset management and maintenance. The learning approach and methodology includes classroom-based activities supported by on-site improvement projects to underpin the lessons learned during each module. Delegates are encouraged to participate throughout by sharing their own experiences and, in discussion with other delegates, learn of common problems and solutions.
Aimed at professionals seeking accreditation of their knowledge and abilities in maintenance and asset management, this programme is the only City & Guilds accredited progressive series available in the UK. This leading programme provides a thorough examination of a broad scope of maintenance and reliability topics and was developed to advance professionals’ aptitude.
The Maintenance Excellence Trilogy includes learning and application of Asset Management Tools & Techniques, Maintenance Planning & Scheduling and Managing Plant Reliability.
Along with a City & Guilds accredited certificate being awarded for attendance and completion of each module, the Maintenance Excellence Trilogy certificate will be awarded to delegates who attend the training for all three modules, after successfully completing the assessments.
It is expected that delegates will use their new knowledge in their workplace to challenge and change current practices, thereby assisting in the introduction of Best Practice and progress to becoming a World Class organisation.
Take advantage of the multi-buy offer – discounted price £1880 + VAT
Is it right for me?
The Maintenance Excellence Trilogy is designed specifically for anyone who is involved or responsible for asset management and or maintenance including Maintenance Managers, Planners/Schedulers, Technicians, Reliability Engineers, Operations, Maintenance and Production Supervisors and Engineering Team Leaders.
What will I learn?
The Maintenance Excellence Trilogy – Module 1 provides an introduction module to the tools and techniques necessary for effective asset management. The course will identify when and how to apply these tools for maximum impact and to improve ‘the bottom line’.
The Maintenance Excellence Trilogy – Module 1 provides an appreciation of asset management tools and techniques and is a sound base for further learning in specific topics.
The objective of the 3-Day Maintenance Excellence Trilogy – Module 1 is to provide delegates with an appreciation of the basic tools and techniques involved in asset management.
This module will provide delegates with an understanding of:
- Asset Management Terms and Definitions
- The importance of and the necessity for an Asset Management Strategy
- Maintenance Approaches ineffective maintenance plans; Operate to Fail, Fixed Time Maintenance
- Predictive or Condition Based Maintenance, Design Out Maintenance
- The benefits of developing effective Maintenance Plans
- Plant Criticality and Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA); Explain the nature of a failure
- The main principles of Spare Parts and Materials Management
- The importance of work planning and control for effective maintenance management
- The principles of lean with respect to maintenance
- The benefits of Operator Asset care (OAC)
- Using basic tools and techniques for problem-solving in a continuous improvement environment; Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCA)
The Maintenance Excellence Trilogy – Module 2 will build on the lessons gained from the previous module.
Maintaining assets is all about managing the risk of equipment failure and its resulting impact on business performance. Developing risk-based plans has the potential to reduce overall workload by up to 30%. Having a structured risk-based approach is a key element of best practice in asset management. Equipment reliability is imperative for companies to deliver the desired levels of customer service.
Maintenance Excellence Trilogy – Module 2 concentrates on the understanding of How to develop the ‘right’ plans for each asset and the value of reliability and the tools needed to define the ‘right’ level and ‘right’ application of the different maintenance approaches and types of maintenance for each asset group.
This 3-Day Module of the Maintenance Excellence Trilogy will provide delegates with an understanding of:
- Asset identification structure and hierarchy
- Plant criticality assessment
- The nature and types of the failure
- Techniques for selecting the ‘right’ approaches for developing maintenance plans, e.g. Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) Risk-Based Inspection
- Overhaul management
- Life Cycle Costing (LCC)
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
On completion of the 3-day Module 2, delegates should be capable of leading activities that improve equipment reliability.
The Maintenance Excellence Trilogy – Module 3 completes the programme.
Effective, efficient work planning is the foundation of an effective maintenance management process.
Maintenance Excellence Trilogy – Module 3 provides an understanding of the principles associated with work management including:
- Preventive maintenance
- Predictive maintenance
- Corrective work and repairs
- Maintenance projects and refurbishments
- Equipment overhauls
The learning also provides the basis for implementing effective and efficient practices and making the best use of resources.
During this 2-Day Module 3, delegates will develop an understanding of the importance of:
- Work planning within an asset care strategy
- Effective work management
- Planning and scheduling process
- Planning resources and spare parts
- Work prioritisation
- Analysing workload performance
- Backlog management
In addition, as part of the training, delegates will develop a process map for their site’s work management process.
On completion of this final module, delegates will be capable of reviewing and revising their in-house approach to work management.
The Maintenance Excellence Trilogy is delivered at MCPs training centres; however, it is also suitable for multi-site organisations who wish to train and develop groups of employees – including apprentices and new recruits. We are happy to discuss how this course can be made available for organisations wishing to offer such a facility.
What are the benefits?
The Maintenance Excellence Trilogy offers knowledge and skills that are critical to all aspects of asset management, plant reliability and work management.