Course TypeMaintenance & Asset Management
CertificateCity & Guilds Accreditation Certificate
MCP’s popular City & Guilds Accreditation Certificate in Maintenance Best Practice interactive workshop provides an excellent understanding of the principles of effective maintenance. Companies increasingly need to make asset management a key part of the culture in order to remain cost competitive in their operations. Similarly, maintenance costs are increasingly under pressure. This workshop can help you drive value through your maintenance management.
Is it right for me?
MCP’s Maintenance Best Practice training course is designed for experienced engineering managers, maintenance managers, production managers, maintenance team leaders, planners, engineers and anyone with Asset Care responsibility. People who are new to maintenance should attend MCP’s three-day training course “Asset Management Tools and Techniques”.
What will I learn?
- Maintenance Best Practice: Recognising the features and understanding the benefits of MBP
- Maintenance Strategy: How to develop and align strategic planning and deployment
- Planning Maintenance: Understand the importance of having the ‘right’ maintenance plans
- Spare Parts and Materials Management: MROM (Maintenance Repair and Operating Materials) and how to improve cost and use, reducing inventory
- Reliability Management: How to deliver optimum levels of performance
- Contracts and Cost Management: How to reduce cost and improve contract management
- Failure Analysis/FMECA/RCM: How to develop plans for equipment criticality and maintenance planning
- Key Performance Indicators: How to develop Performance Management and a range of important and relevant maintenance KPI’s
- Continuous Improvement in Maintenance: Develop a sustainable and embedded CI culture
- Information Systems including CMMS: How to achieve improved performance from your CMMS
- ISO55000: The benefits of adopting ISO55000 asset management standard and how it supports and provides a framework for Maintenance Best Practice strategy
- Audits and Assessments: Learn how to benchmark and assess your current maintenance performance
What are the benefits?
Applying these principles will enable your organisation to:
- Identify good maintenance management practices and be confident to Implement them in the workplace
- Reduce maintenance costs as a consequence of doing the ‘right’ things
- Improve equipment reliability
- Prepare an action plan to make maintenance improvements for your own organisation
- Identify the KPIs that demonstrate performance and progress