Course TypeMaintenance & Asset Management
CertificateMCP Training Certificate
Duration3 or 5 Days
The 5-day course is delivered as public workshops and onsite. It discusses the core concepts and the practical applications in a highly interactive manner. This course is suitable for those with some experience of asset management (they may have some specific maintenance experience, but little knowledge of the wider context, such as business strategy, risk management, life cycle costing etc.
The 3-day workshop is more intensive. It addresses the whole syllabus of the Certificate but assumes that most of the foundations are in place. It is suitable for those with at least 3 years practical experience in the asset-intensive industry with knowledge of business strategy, risk management, life cycle costing etc. Public and private organisations invest vast sums of money in assets. These might be infrastructure, utilities, buildings and machinery in sectors such as oil, gas, chemical, utilities, engineering, transport and manufacturing. If you sweat your assets too much they may fail and incur expensive repair and loss of product/service costs. If your asset is underutilised then capital is tied up unnecessarily. Asset management is not just about maintenance and keeping downtime to a minimum. It is about optimising the performance and minimising the cost of ownership throughout the lifecycle of the asset. MCP is one of the Institute of Asset Management’s Endorsed Training Providers. Our course will:
- Help delegates understand the fundamental principles underpinning Asset Management
- Illustrate Asset Management Policy & Strategy and show how it is developed
- Help delegates understand Asset Life cycle Management
- Show the factors influencing an asset’s total life-cycle costs
- Help delegates understand the information requirements related to the life cycle of an asset
- Demonstrate the relationship between asset management and risk management
- Illustrate the way Asset Management is assessed (BS ISO 55001 requirements)
Please note ISO 55000/1/2 IAM Certificate in Asset Management Programme is only available onsite
Is it right for me?
Delegates who need to understand the relationship between asset management and risk management in a strategic framework.
What will I learn?
The course will focus on:
- What is Asset Management?
- Introduction to ISO55000
- Benefits of Asset Management
- Risk & Risk Management
- Organisational Context & Stakeholder Expectations
- Scope of the Asset Management System
- Asset Management Policy, Strategy & Objectives
- Asset Management Planning & Asset Information
- Asset Management Decision Making, Leadership & People
- Asset & Asset Management System Performance
- Life Cycle Activities & Finance and Business impact
What are the benefits?
By commencing on the ISO 55000 journey including the implementation of an Asset Management System, organisations will gain more benefit than compliance with legislation alone. This includes:
- Consistent, prioritised and auditable risk management.
- Reduced product and service problems
- Improved chance of winning contracts
- Better management
- Increased consistency in business practices
- Enhanced employee satisfaction and job security
- Lower costs
- Alignment and coordination of existing initiatives, including competency development
- Sustainable and robust continuous improvement processes
- Improved planning
- Overall business improvement