Course TypeMaintenance & Asset Management
QualificationCity and Guilds Accredited Certificate
The Asset Management Tools & Techniques workshop provides an introduction to the latest tools necessary for effective asset management. Discussion will identify when and how to apply these tools for maximum impact on the bottom line. Delegates are encouraged to participate throughout by sharing their own experiences and, in discussion with other delegates, learn of common problems and solutions.
It is expected that delegates can utilise their new knowledge in the workplace to challenge and change current practices, thereby assisting in the journey to World Class with their employer.
Is it right for me?
Asset Management Tools & Techniques workshop is ideal for operators, technicians, maintenance and production supervisors and production managers who need a good appreciation of asset management tools and techniques.
What will I learn?
The main objective of the 3-day Asset Management Tools & Techniques workshop is to provide delegates with an appreciation and desire to apply the basic tools and techniques involved in asset management. At the end of the workshop, successful candidates will be able to:
- Explain the need for criticality studies
- List difference maintenance approaches required in effective maintenance plans
- Explain the nature of failure
- Understand Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) is a key tool
- Describe the best approach to calibration control
- Explain why work planning and control is so important for effective maintenance management and for returning accurate information about work done for plant history
- Discuss the impact of maintenance on the cost of manufacturing to the business
- List the main principles for effective stores management
- Appreciate that a Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS), is a supporting tool for process delivery
- List which KPIs should be considered and how they may be presented
- List some basic tools and techniques for problem-solving in a continuous improvement environment
- List the principles of lean manufacturing and the ‘types of waste’ to be addressed
What are the benefits?
Applying the lessons from the Asset Management Tools & Techniques workshop will enable your organisation to:
- Identify good maintenance management practices and be confident to Implement them in the workplace
- Reduce maintenance costs as a consequence of doing the ‘right’ things
- Improve equipment reliability
- Identify the KPIs that demonstrate performance and progress
- Gaining a City and Guilds certificate will demonstrate an understanding of the subject matter