Course TypeElectrical, Technical Skills
QualificationMCP Training Certificate
Price£975 + VAT
The Mechanical to Electrical – Part 1 4-day programme is designed for technicians who have no previous electrical background, to enable them to perform high frequency, low risk, first-line electrical maintenance tasks including safe isolation, replacement and testing of a range of common electrical devices (motors, sensors, contactors, overloads, etc.) in a safe and effective manner.
This City and Guilds accredited 16-day programme is offered across 4 parts, each part consisting of a 4-day programme. This is specifically structured to aid technicians progression and allows for suitable on-site consolidation of training prior to delivery of the next part. In addition, it assists the maintenance manager in meeting the legal requirements for employee competence in electrical work.
Is it right for me?
Mechanical to Electrical – Part 1 is ideal for technicians that are working in a maintenance environment. This is the first electrical course any delegate from a mechanical background should enrol on. No prior electrical knowledge is assumed.
What will I learn?
- Health & Safety
- Relevant parts of BS7671 IET Wiring Regulations and Electricity at Work Regulations
- Emergency isolation
- BSEN:60617 symbols
- Methods of protection including fuses, circuit breakers and RCDs
- Cables/systems: termination of single core and sheathed cables
- Connection to BS EN60309-2 and BS1363 plugs
- Circuits: connect one-way, two-way lighting circuits and ring and radial socket outlet circuits
- Supplies: single and three phase supplies up to 400V
- Earthing and bonding
- Use of instruments to include continuity and insulation testing
- Theory to support the practical activities listed
Following completion of this course, we recommend skills learnt are practised in the workplace until a proficient standard is achieved. Candidates can then be signed-off as competent to carry out the prescribed tasks.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of Mechanical to Electrical – Part 1 programme are:
- Motivation and development of staff
- Improved staff retention
- Formal targeted training with direction and end focussed on business need
- Encouragement of teamwork through coach and assessor communicating more with opposite trade
- Re-focussed of training budget
- SOPs and training packages are written around business need
- Safe job, Timely job, Right first-time job
- Improved productivity as downtime is reduced due to increased skills base
- Cross cover of skills in event of absenteeism, sickness etc.
- Nationally recognised qualifications where appropriate; skills are validated
- Training records meet and exceed those required by HSE etc.
Book your place
Try our on-site training for parties of more than 5 delegatesFind Out More
Taught at a good pace in order to be thorough and clear. Very professional, and helpful – brilliant!
A fantastic way to improve self-confidence.
Excellent course delivered extremely well – great practical knowledge.
Facilities Maintenance Technician