Course TypeElectrical, Technical Skills
CertificateMCP Training Certificate
Mechanical to Electrical – Part 2 is aimed at technicians who have completed Part 1 of the ‘mechanical to electrical’ programme, or have some basic understanding of electrical systems.
This City& Guilds Accreditation Certificate, 16-day programme is offered across 4 parts, each part consisting of a 4-day programme. This is specifically structured to aid technicians progression and allows for suitable on-site consolidation of training prior to delivery of the next part.
Is it right for me?
Mechanical to Electrical – Part 2 is built on the knowledge gained in Part 1. Technicians will broaden their knowledge base and successfully be able to complete a wider range of tasks involving electrical systems, including termination of cables, resetting overloads, changing fuses, isolation, change of motor (like for like) and change of direction of motor.
What will I learn?
- Health and Safety
- Isolation procedure
- Relevant parts of BS7671 IET Wiring Regulations and Electricity at Work Regulations
- Cables/systems: further termination of a range of single core, sheathed and armoured cables
- Circuits: connection of a range of single phase and three phase motors and starters
- Methods of protection including motor overload units
- Direct online and star delta starters
- Motor control using soft starters and inverters
- Remote control stop/start stations
- Circuit wiring and block diagrams
- Motors: replace single and three phase motors like-for-like
- Change of direction
- Fault finding
- Measurement of voltage, insulation resistance and continuity
- Theory to support the practical activities listed above
Following completion of this course, we recommend skills learnt are practised in the workplace until a proficient standard is achieved. Candidates can then be signed-off as competent to carry out the prescribed tasks.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of the Mechanical to Electrical – Part 2 programme:
- Motivation and development of staff
- Improved staff retention
- Formal targeted training with direction and end focused on the business need
- Encouragement of teamwork through coach and assessor communicating more with opposite trade
- Re-focused training budget
- SOPs and training packages are written around business need
- Safe job; Timely job; Right first-time job
- Improved productivity as downtime is reduced due to the increased skills base
- Cross cover of skills in event of absenteeism, sickness etc.
- Nationally recognised qualifications where appropriate; skills are validated
- Training records meet and exceed those required by HSE etc.
Book your Place
Try our on-site training for parties of more than 5 delegatesFind Out More
Taught at a good pace in order to be thorough and clear. Very professional, and helpful – brilliant!
A fantastic way to improve self-confidence.