Course TypeElectrical, Technical Skills
CertificateMCP Training Certificate
Electric / Hybrid Vehicles Awareness Course
With electric vehicle sales predicted to reach 45 billion worldwide by 2040, the next twenty years are set to dramatically change the automotive market.
A recent report commissioned by the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI), indicates that the social benefit of EVs, connected and autonomous vehicles are likely to bring about 320,000 newly-created industry jobs, and of course, these jobs will require an expanded skill set from existing automotive engineers.
This course is designed to give delegates an appreciation of the different types of electric and hybrid vehicles, dangers of electricity, basic electrical theory and legislation.
Is it right for me?
The course is designed for anybody who works in the automotive industry and is new to Electric Vehicles. Assessment is a multiple-choice question paper to test knowledge. Delegates must pass the assessment to receive certification.
What will I learn?
At the end of this course, the delegates should have an understanding of:
- Functionality and safety issues around the main components used on the HV electric system (battery, inverter, motor/generator)
- The dangers of electricity and associated hazards
- First Aid procedure in the event of an electrical accident
- Basic electrical theory to support the above
- Current legislation with respect to working on electrical systems
- Safe working practices covering PPE requirements and industry best practice
What are the benefits?
Delegates successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge of working safely around, but not maintaining Electric/Hybrid vehicles.
MCP is an experienced in engineering and safety training business with 40 years in the market. We are fully aware of the challenges presented when new technology comes into the workplace and because of this, we are able to offer cost-effective and relevant courses delivered by industry-experienced trainers for all levels of personnel.