Course TypeElectrical, Technical Skills
QualificationCity and Guilds 2394/5
The Inspection and Testing (2391) course is designed for technicians and maintenance teams who possess current BS 7671 knowledge and the 17th Edition qualification. The course has been developed around the IET (Institute of Engineering Technology) standards and statutory regulations along with the City & Guilds requirements for maintenance electricians. This course was previously known as City & Guilds 2394/5.
This qualification helps delegates to develop the knowledge and practical skills required to professionally install and carry out initial verification and periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations.
Please note: 6 days (to Include 1 Revision Day, prior to C&G Written Exams)
Is it right for me?
The course and qualification will develop the knowledge & practical skills required to carry out inspections & testing and to produce safety conditional reports on existing electrical installations.
What will I learn?
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- Requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Requirements for testing energised installations
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- Inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Commissioning electrotechnical systems and equipment
- Requirements for Inspecting and Testing of existing electrical installations
- The completion of the Electrical Installation Condition Report and Supporting Documentation
- Requirements for completing the periodic inspection of electrical installations
- The differences between periodic inspection and initial verification
- Requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations which have been placed in service
- Understand and interpret test results
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation
- How to confirm safety of system and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- How to carry out inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- How to test electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- How to produce a condition report with recording observations and classifications
Please note: Delegates require current copies of BS7671 the On-Site Guide and Guidance Note 3
What are the benefits?
Delegates will learn to correctly perform electrical inspection and testing which will help identify deficiencies in an electrical installation before they become serious hazards. The legislation requires that electrical installations are maintained in a safe condition, regularly inspecting and testing your fixed electrical installation can help you meet these requirements.