Course TypeElectrical, Technical Skills
QualificationCity and Guilds 2391-52
The Inspection and Testing City & Guilds 2391-52 course is designed for technicians and maintenance teams who possess current BS 7671 knowledge and the 18th Edition qualification. The course has been developed around the IET (Institute of Engineering Technology) standards and statutory regulations along with the City & Guilds requirements for maintenance electricians. We have combined the two qualifications as it is likely that electricians will do either just periodic testing or initial verification.
We strongly recommend City and Guilds 2382 is achieved prior to sitting this course, though this is NOT an entry requirement.
Please note: 6 days (to Include 1 Revision Day, prior to C&G Written Exams)
Is it right for me?
The Inspection and Testing City & Guilds 2391-52 course and qualification will develop the knowledge & practical skills required to carry out inspections & testing and to produce safety conditional reports on existing electrical installations.
What will I learn?
City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing course content:
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- Requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Requirements for testing energised installations
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- Inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Commissioning electro-technical systems and equipment
- Requirements for Inspecting and Testing of existing electrical installations
- The completion of the Electrical Installation Condition Report and Supporting Documentation
- Requirements for completing the periodic inspection of electrical installations
- The differences between periodic inspection and initial verification
- Requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations which have been placed in service
- Understand and interpret test results
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation
- How to confirm safety of system and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- How to carry out inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- How to test electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- How to produce a condition report with recording observations and classifications
Please note: Delegates require current copies of BS7671 the On-Site Guide and Guidance Note 3
What are the benefits?
Delegates will learn to correctly perform electrical inspection and testing which will help identify deficiencies in an electrical installation before they become serious hazards. Legislation requires that electrical installations are maintained in a safe condition, regularly inspecting and testing your fixed electrical installation can help you meet these requirements.