Course TypeElectrical, Technical Skills
CertificateCity & Guilds 2382-15
This 3-day electrical, 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS7671: 2018) training course will familiarise you with the layout, content and application of BS 7671: 18 (2382-18) 18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
The 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS7671: 2018) training course ensures you are up-to-date with the latest industry regulations on of electrical equipment and systems. This course is entirely theory based and is completed by way of an online multiple choice open book exam. Our course is 3-days because it not only teaches you how to pass the exam; it puts the regulations into context.
Qualification: City and Guilds 2382-15. The 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS7671: 2018) training course includes an assessment which is a 2-hour computer-based on-line examination
BUY the book… to accompany the course.
‘Requirements for Electrical Installations, IET Wiring Regulations, Eighteenth Edition, BS 7671:2018 (Electrical Regulations)’
If you want to join the course and BUY the book
email here firstname.lastname@example.org
Is it right for me?
The 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS7671: 2018) training course is for delegates who need complete training in the 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations.
What will I learn?
To provide delegates with confidence in being able to understand and implement the new national standards to which domestic and industrial electrical installations must conform. On successful completion of MCP’s 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS7671: 2018) training course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental requirements of BS 7671
- State the scope of the regulations
- List the specific requirements of protection for safety
- Apply the requirements of the regulations in the workplace
- Identify the requirements for the special installations of BS7671
- Complete the City and Guilds 2382-18 multiple choice on-line assessment
In addition to harmonisation with European Standards, programme content is divided into 9 areas and focus on:
- Scope, object and fundamental principles
- Definitions and terminology
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Protection for safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Inspection and testing
- Special locations
- Energy efficiency
- Discussing past test papers
What are the benefits?
The benefits of attending MCP’s 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS7671: 2018) training course are:
- Training records meet and exceed those required by HSE etc. If you have an up to date 18th Edition certificate and there is an accident, you are in a much better place in a court of law.
- Motivation and development of staff
- Improved staff retention
- Formal targeted training with direction and end focussed on the business need
- Encouragement of teamwork through coach and assessor communicating more with opposite trade
- Re-focussed of the training budget
- SOPs and training packages are written around business need
- Safe job; Timely job; Right first-time job
- Improved productivity as downtime is reduced due to the increased skills base
- Cross cover of skills in event of absenteeism, sickness etc.
- Nationally recognised qualifications where appropriate; skills are validated