Managing Engineering Stores Can be a Costly Headache!
5 March @ 9:00 am – 6 March @ 5:00 pm
In a typical manufacturing or process-led environment, expenditure on spare parts and engineering materials is between 35% and 45% of the total asset care budget. Improving the use and cost of spare parts will ensure inventory is kept to a minimum. Quick turnaround is a key feature of cost management.
A complete spare parts and materials approach applied to an average situation can result in 20-25% stock level reductions and improved service levels. Delegates will gain an understanding of what category of stockholding is required, stores and purchasing policies, control systems and supplier management.
Course Type: Maintenance & Asset Management Qualification: City and Guilds Accredited Certificate. (Spares and Materials Management (Maintenance Repair & Operating Materials)
Venue: Solihull Training Centre (MCP Headquarters)
Duration: 2 Days
Date: 5-6th March 2018
Cost: £610 + VAT
Who Should Attend?:
Anyone with responsibility for engineering materials and spare parts, looking to gain best practice knowledge and gain substantial cost savings
The Course will Focus on:
- The role of stores
- Stores layout and access control
- Supply Chain Management
- Classification and standard description methods of parts
- Accountability for inventory management
- Setting objectives for parts and stores management
- Determining the right levels of stock (setting minimum and maximum levels )
- Purchasing policies
- How to use Computerised Maintenance Management Systems to manage and control parts
- Receiving, Storing and Issuing of parts
- Performance measures and key indicators
- Outsourcing versus in-house stores management
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW!
5th – 6th March, 2018
Solihull Training Centre (MCP Headquarters)
£610 + VAT
John Saysell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Business Development and Training
MCP Consulting Group Ltd.
Blythe Valley Innovation Centre, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull. West Midlands, B90 8AJ
T. +44 (0)121 506 9030
M. +44 (0)7710 348761
Try our on-site training for parties of more than 5 delegates Ask for details