Demystify Strategy Development and Deployment
The word strategy often conjures up images of complicated and often disjointed plans that very few people understand how they contribute to.
MCP’s approach to Strategy Development and Deployment demystifies the whole process and roadmaps it so that everyone understands and understands their part within. Our approach answers the questions:
- Where are we?
- And where do we want to be?
- What do I / We have to do to get there?
It is important to recognise that your strategy is the map to the journey, the journey will involve change – new skills, new products, new markets, new tools and techniques and with all change it is the human element.
Many strategies fail because they are either simply generic copies of strategies from other businesses or because there has been an assumption that people will simply move towards the future vision.
At MCP we recognise that no two strategies will be the same – every company has different strengths, market opportunities, challenges, investment potential and people all with different skills, competencies and motivations. We offer a Strategy Development and Deployment service that is tailor-made to your business and through strong change management will help you implement this strategy so that it delivers the vision.
MCP’s approach to strategy development and deployment is summarised below:
Having answered the important questions of “What do we want to be?” “What is important to us?” The question becomes “How do we achieve this?” This is our strategy.
Our proven methodology for developing a bespoke strategy has 4 phases:
- Input phase – In this phase, we look at all the internal and external factors that influence your business. This includes looking at skills availability (internal and external), performance, demographics, current and future demands, use of technology, etc
- Analysis phase – In this phase, we identify all possible strategic options
- Matching phase – Here we assess the effectiveness of all possible actions
- Decision Stage – Development of the ‘best fit’ strategy for the business
Having developed the best fit strategy we work with you to using our proven change management methodology to implement the strategy in an effective and self-sustaining way.
A tailor-made strategy
A tailor-made strategy wins buy-in and commitment of managers and staff to change and shows how the business will move forward.
- A clear view of the desired future state of the business
- An agreed vision and mission to share with employees and stakeholders
- An understanding of the technologies, processes and systems needed
- An agreed, prioritised an action plan
- Assigned ownership of activities and projects and
- A process for reviewing progress and reinforcement