Getting change right!
- Any business change can be challenging and if not handled correctly can affect not only impacted employees but the entire company.
- Making people redundant is one of the most challenging aspects of employing staff. The redundancy consultation process is complex and not adhering to some of the processes can be costly.
- Another complex area of law is TUPE – short for Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment). If not handled properly, it can impact successful business transfers (including service provision changes) and takeovers.
- Redundancy Tips for Employers.
The HR Supporting Change service in detail
- We can provide you with a complete TUPE and redundancy management service.
- We’ll help you with preparing any business cases needed for a potential restructure or TUPE transfer.
- We’ll provide guidance, tools and resources to manage your consultation requirements including specific statutory obligations at every step of the way.
Why you need this service?
- TUPE and redundancy processes can be a minefield and, getting the critical rules wrong can prove very expensive, especially if an employee brings an employment tribunal case against you for unfair dismissal.
- Failure to comply with requirements can also result in financial penalties. For instance, not consulting correctly can result in up to 90 days’ pay for each affected employee alone!
- We can help to ensure things are handled properly and that any departing staff are treated fairly and leave the company with their dignity (and the company’s reputation) intact.