Achieve compliance through ISO 55000 Implementation
ISO 55000 Implementation in today’s industrial environment, for any organisation, has to operate efficiently to achieve sustainability. To achieve this it is imperative to manage assets efficiently and utilise the correct processes and procedures to ensure this requirement is achieved.
Does your organisation presently contain the correct level of skill to realise full value from its asset portfolio? If you do not know the answer to this question, then this awareness session will provide the knowledge base for future progression.
The root cause of many significant industrial catastrophes or major organisational disruptions can usually be traced back to poor asset management practices. Any professional involved in an organisation’s asset management will want to avoid errors that could cause potential prosecution or penalty fines for not meeting health and safety requirements, product quality or service level agreement standards.
ISO 55000 Implementation supports the ISO 55000 standards and offers the practical tools that will help management teams demonstrate their commitment to compliance with legislation. The standards support organisations to gain a proactive and strategic approach to asset management and an understanding that offers the breadth of vision to deliver an improved return on investment. By embarking on the ISO 55000 journey and including the implementation of an Asset Management System, organisations will gain greater benefit than through legislation compliance alone.
The ISO 55000 Implementation includes:
- Consistent prioritised and auditable risk management
- Reduced product and service problems
- Improved chance of winning contracts
- Better management
- Increased consistency in business practices
- Enhanced employee satisfaction and job security
- Lower costs
- Alignment and coordination of existing initiatives, including competency development
- Sustainable and robust continuous improvement processes
- Improved planning
- Overall business improvement
Designed to meet your specific needs
- 1-day Senior Management/Executive awareness
- 3-day course for experienced asset management individuals looking to achieve the IAM Certificate
- Courses specifically designed to meet the specific needs of an organisation in relation to their requirements and skill base
- 1-day ISO55001 desktop analysis option
- When required, an in-depth organisational gap analysis
- Consultancy and training to support the implementation
- ISO 55001 Certification Services
- On-going auditing services
The benefits of ISO 55000 Implementation
1. Improved chance of winning contracts
Having ISO 55000 certification can go a long way to helping a business to secure partnerships with both the public and private sectors. With public sector tenders, certification to ISO 55000 is a strong signal that a business is well-run and credible, removing the need for extensive due diligence. Similarly, many private sector organisations may make it a requirement for their suppliers to be certified to ISO 55000. It signifies that asset management is taken seriously.
2. Consistent prioritised and auditable risk management
Risk management is the identification, assessment, and prioritisation of risks provides better understanding and usage of data and information to allow informed and consistent decisions. In ideal risk management, a prioritisation process is followed whereby the risks with the greatest loss (or impact) and the greatest probability of occurring are handled first and risks with lower probability of occurrence and lower loss are handled in descending order.
3. Reduced product/service problems
ISO 55000 certified businesses are better prepared to deal with the unexpected. For instance, if a product or service is not up to scratch, there will be processes in place that help to ensure that the problem is dealt with efficiently and does not recur.
4. Better management
Appropriate analysis and reporting is a key factor in running a business well. The ISO 55000 standard helps businesses to get this right.
5. Increased consistency in business practices
Implementing the practices required by the standard will offer the type of consistency that benefits everyone, including customers. It ensures that processes within a business are common (instead of departmental silos) and understood which helps employees be clearer on the tasks involved. No business wants unnecessary paperwork and yet many are burdened by precisely that. The discipline inherent in the ISO 55000 standard means that business processes should be streamlined. Regular reviews mean that processes should not go to seed.
6. Enhanced employee satisfaction and job security
Staff enjoy greater job satisfaction and feel more secure about their jobs in a business where processes are well-defined and clearly managed. Greater engagement of the workforce, including leadership, communications and cross-disciplinary teamwork.
7. Lower costs
Achieving and maintaining certification to ISO 55000 may lead to lower insurance premiums. This is because insurers recognise that these businesses have appropriate processes and controls that reduce risks.
8. Continuous improvement
A good asset management system provides a solid foundation for improvements to be made year on year.
9. Improved planning (especially capital expenditure)
10. Overall business improvement
The cumulative effect of the nine individual benefits outlined above is an overall business improvement and consequently profit.