UBS, one of the world’s leading banking and financial institutions, occupy several buildings in the city of London which house over 12,000 staff.MCP was contacted to support their maintenance services area of the organisation.
The maintenance of the mechanical & electrical building services equipment is contracted out to main and sub-contractors.
It was identified that there was a requirement for a number of improvements including increased cost performance; improved service levels and enhanced equipment reliability. These improvements were required whilst minimising the maintenance costs and risks to the business. UBS asked MCP to provide a solution.
MCP’s initial assessment included:
- A detailed asset condition of all equipment
- A review of the remedial work and maintenance required to maintain performance for all building service equipment
From this initial assessment MCP provided UBS with:
- Verification of all items on the equipment asset register
- Review of capital replacement requirements and replacement schedule
- A revision of the existing maintenance regime
- A calculation of the cost
- An evaluation of the critical spares needed
- Equipment life plans
Since delivering the implementation programme UBS have seen numerous benefits from MCP’s improved service equipment:
- 33% reduction in labour force
- £170k saving non-critical tasks
- Revised preventative maintenance plans
- A revision of the preventive maintenance plans to ensure reliability
The programme was so successful that the same approach was rolled out across the organisation and applied to other buildings where similar results were achieved.