Analysing what training focus is required is the most important element to deliver an effective training programme. Training staff without a plan may miss priorities or even cover topics that are not essential to the business.
MCPs Training Needs Analysis enables organisations to channel resources into the areas where they are needed the most and as a result the business will gain relevant employee development, enhanced staff morale and better organisational performance.
Through the introduction of a robust training and development plan, there is an opportunity to:
- Improve morale and motivation and job satisfaction
- Improve performance and service
- Develop staff and give them an individual training plan
- Define the maintenance roles more clearly
- Retain staff for longer
- Have evidence of competence and records of training
- Comply with legislation
- Reduce costs (through less waiting time) through flexibility
- Embed a transparent grading structure
- Reduce reliance on mobile, regional or contracted staff
- Align training with business needs