Course TypeMechanical, Technical Skills
QualificationMCP Training Certificate
Price£955 + VAT
To gain hands-on practical experience in order to improve delegates’ mechanical skills, enabling them to successfully multi-skill in a variety of specialist areas involving pulleys/belts, sprockets/chains, bearings and pumps.
Is it right for me?
Operators, maintenance teams and technicians who need to enhance their mechanical competence.
What will I learn?
The 8-day programme is delivered as two 4-day courses, and will focus on:
- The importance of Health and Safety
- Understanding tolerances and use of limits and fits
- Using the correct fixings and fastenings in mechanical procedures
- Power transmissions
- Flat belts
- Vee belt drives
- Roller chain drives
- Types of Bearings
- High speed plain bearings
- Rolling element bearings
- Plain bearings, materials and lubrication
- Shaft alignment and straight line couplings
- Recognising different types of pump
- Identification of pipelines
What are the benefits?
Delegates will know why they are carrying out the adjustment or carrying out the lubrication. This makes them far more likely to do the work. On completion of the course, the candidate will be able to carry out high frequency, low risk mechanical tasks. One customer had a 15% increase in OEE following on from a tailored version of this course.