Course TypeInstrumentation, Technical Skills
QualificationMCP Training Certificate
Price£1065 + VAT
To bring engineers rapidly up to speed with the fundamental principles of industrial control instrumentation so they can make a positive contribution to operational effectiveness. This module gives technicians the practical skills and theoretical knowledge to undertake a number of industrial control tasks involving:
- Construction, testing and calibration of measurement systems
- Identification and testing of temperature sensing and indication devices
Is it right for me?
Maintenance teams and technicians with some maintenance skills but no previous knowledge of industrial control. It can also be delivered to an audience with no engineering skill set.
What will I learn?
This part will focus on:
- Identifying different measurement and pressure measurement systems
- Error measurement
- Fault finding
- Pressure measurement
- Level measurement
- Flow measurement
- Temperature measurement
Following completion of this course, we recommend skills learnt are practised in the workplace until a proficient standard is achieved. Candidates can then be signed-off as competent to carry out the prescribed tasks.
What are the benefits?
Control and instrument technicians are very expensive to recruit. This course is designed to multi-skill mechanical and electrical technicians to enable them to carry out high-frequency low-risk control and instrumentation tasks to reduce reliance on contractors.
- Motivation and development of staff
- Improved staff retention
- Formal targeted training with direction and end focussed on business need
- Encouragement of teamwork through coach and assessor communicating more with opposite trade
- Re-focussed of training budget
- SOPs and training packages are written around business need
- Safe job; Timely job; Right first time job
- Improved productivity as downtime is reduced due to increased skills base
- Cross cover of skills in event of absenteeism, sickness etc.
- Nationally recognised qualifications where appropriate; skills are validated
- Training records meet and exceed those required by HSE etc.
The MCP Control and Instrumentation course provided the right balance of practical and theory in a complex subject. Our delegates found the course challenging but a great start to their control and instrumentation journey. The feedback from the delegates and managers of the delegates was fantastic, The City & Guilds accreditation is the icing on the cake!. I have already booked another course.
Sonal Patel, Learning & Development Manager, Tata Chemicals Europe