Dates & Location – * Contact MCP to discuss our Training Bundles
Control and Instrumentation Course Aims
MCP’s Control and Instrumentation training course is designed for delegates with some electrical or mechanical skills but no previous knowledge of industrial control. It can also be delivered to an audience with no engineering skill set. The training course gives delegates the practical skills and knowledge to undertake a number of industrial control tasks.
- Introduction to Instrumentation and associated terminology
- Measurement systems including error measurement
- Calibration techniques including
- A practical session using a pressure calibrator
- Completing calibration records
- The importance of traceability
- Pressure measurement principles including practial sessions
- Calibrating guages
- Calibrating electrical & pneumatic Differential Pressure Transmitters
- Level measurement principles
- Flow measurement principles
- Temperature measurement principles including practical sessions
- Testing RTD (Resistance Temperature Detector)
- Testing thermocouple probes
- Calibrating temperature loops
Practical competence-based assessments.
Following satisfactory completion of the programme, a MCP certificate will be issued.
Control & Instrumentation Training Course – Part 2 Aims
This training programme is designed for delegates who have attended Part 1 of the programme. It gives practical skills and knowledge to enable the delegate to undertake a number of industrial control tasks.
- Current, Voltage and Pneumatic signal transmission including errors associated with transmitting e.c. interference and methods to help reduce such errors
- Principles of signal processing devices including I/P (Current to Pressure) and P/I (Pressure to Current) conversion with a practical session calibrating an I/P
- Principles of open and closed loop control systems
- Principles of tuning PID (Proportional Integral Derivative) controllers including a practical session in tuning different loops (Temperature and Flow)
- Valves and valve positioners including a practical session in stroking a control valve
Practical competence-based assessments and a short answer written paper to test knowledge and understanding.
Following completion of the programme, a City and Guilds accredited Control and Instrumentation Certificate will be issued.
£1065 +VAT for each part or Save Money and take advantage of MCP’s Training Bundles.