Reserve your space on MCP’s Scottish MROM course
The City and Guilds Accredited Spares and Materials Management (MROM – Maintenance, Repair and Operating Materials) course will help managers with responsibility for spares and materials improve the use and cost of spare parts. They will be able to do this by ensuring inventory is kept to a minimum and understanding that turning over quickly is a key feature of cost management.
Typically, in a manufacturing or process environment, expenditure on spare parts and engineering materials is between 35% and 45% of the total asset care budget. A complete spare parts and materials approach applied to an average situation can result in 20-25% stock level reductions and improved service levels. Delegates will gain an understanding of what category of stockholding is required, stores and purchasing policies, control systems and supplier management.
Spares and Materials Management Training Course Content
- Classification and coding of parts and materials
- International Coding Standards
- Stocking Policies
- Setting stock levels and reorder quantities
- Stores Management Processes
- Stores performance measures
- How to use CMMS to manage and control parts
- Outsourcing versus in-house stores management