MCP in Facilities Management
The demands of the service sector businesses are such that the maintenance of services, equipment and building fabric is becoming business critical. MCP use a range of tools to assess, improve and monitor the effectiveness of building maintenance and facilities management provision – both your hard and soft services.
Are You In Facilities Management?
Whether you work for a Facilities Management company, or an organisation with a Facilities Management department, you need to know how well you are performing in order to improve.
Can you answer the following questions about your Facilities Management?
- Have you a clear strategy for achieving your facility objectives?
- How do you know you are working at best practice levels?
- How do you know where to look for the next level of improvement objectives?
- How do you know if you have the right levels spend for your facility compared to others?
- Do you want to know if you have the most effective systems and processes in place?
- How do you know if your contractors are delivering the most efficient way?
If you are unsure about any of the above questions, you might just want to consider MCP’s FM Scan.
MCP’s Facilities Management sevices:
- FM Scan – Facilities Management Assessment
- PAS 55 implementation and certification
- Asset Condition Surveys
- Development of maintenance plans
- Work planning system
- Selection and Implementation of CMMS/CAFMS
- Outsourcing strategy, and implementation
- Audits of management effectiveness
- Lean Contract Management
- Contracting out selection and implementation
- Contract review and advice
Improving Building Services – case study
One of the world’s leading banking and financial institutions was looking to:
- Improve service levels of building services equipment at their London location
- Enhance the building service equipment reliability
MCP developed a detailed asset condition of all equipment and a review of the remedial work and maintenance required to manage their building service equipment. From this initial assessment the following information and programmes were developed:
- Verification of all items on the equipment asset register
- Review of capital replacement requirements and replacement schedule
- A revision of the existing maintenance regime
- A calculation of the ongoing maintenance cost
- An evaluation of the critical spares requirements
- Detailed equipment life plans
- Improved service equipment has resulted in:
- 33% reduction of labour force
- £170k saving non critical tasks
- Optimisation of the preventive maintenance plans to ensure reliability
“We have worked with MCP to achieve compliance and certification with PAS 55″ – Emcor Facilities Management Ltd