It was 25 years ago that a survey commissioned by the DTI into the UK’s maintenance management practices revealed that an astounding £1.8 billion of potential savings could be made through increased understanding of maintenance management by industry. This led to the introduction of the Asset Management Information Service (AMIS), the DTI supported benchmarking service provided by MCP. By 1997, the DTI estimated that the AMIS approach had potentially saved UK industry over £300 Million.
Today the opportunities for delivering savings from maintenance are just as great, whether you are in manufacturing, transport utilities within the facilities environment. The AMIS Assessment is recognised as the most cost-effective and value for money maintenance assessment and benchmarking service used worldwide by leading organisations.
The AMIS Assessment process has been used in over 1500 sites worldwide and helped deliver over 4000 Operational Improvement Programmes. The AMIS Process has helped transform organisations such as Diageo, Novartis, Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson, GSK and many other blue chip organisations. AMIS measures the effectiveness and efficiency of your maintenance, energy usage, operations, computer systems and people development.
AMIS is the starting point for the AMIS Journey for Business Improvement in maintenance. MCP’s AMIS Assessment is a 3-5 day on-site assessment depending on the size of your facility and the scope of the assessment. There will also be a calculation of key performance measures and comparative scores are provided along with potential benefits and outline action plan.
What you will obtain from the AMIS Assessment:
- Benchmarking scores comparing your site with others in the same business sector
- Identified opportunities for improvement
- Quantified benefits from making improvements
- Action plan for moving forward on the AMIS Journey
- Ongoing support to implement changes
- Access to industry experts for advice and support
- Access to other companies contacts who you can talk to and compare results
Benefits of an AMIS Audit – Assessing your maintenance
- Increased Labour Utilisation
- Increased OEE – Essential to any Lean Manufacturing strategy
- Reduced Costs of Maintenance
- Measure the effectiveness of your Computerised Maintenance Management System
- Focused Plan for Improvement
- Identify the gap between best practice and your current performance
Benefits of an AMIS Audit – Benchmarking your maintenance:
- Access to data covering all industry sectors
- Comparison with your competitors in the same industry sector
- Benchmarks of current performance against a World Class Standard
- Indications of the potential financial improvements that can be achieved
“We have adopted the AMIS framework as the principle in which we deliver a consistent methodology across all our worldwide manufacturing operations to drive improvement in plant reliability and performance.”
“Firstly congratulations on achieving World Class, the two members of my team that attended the Masterclass really enjoyed the two days and came back brimming with information and enthusiastic about the journey that we are starting on after seeing the results that can be achieved from your site.”
Finsbury Food Group